Monday, January 24, 2011

Manes - Promo 1993 (pre-Ved Buens Ende)

Here we have 'Promo 1993', released by the band Manes from Norway (Askim). Not to be confused with the more well-known Manes also from Norway (Trondheim), this one evolved into Ved Buens Ende in 1994 shortly after the release of this promo. I'm sure these tracks are floating around out there somewhere since they were bootlegged on a split with Mysticum, but these are ripped from the original self-released tape. The track times are different from those listed on Metal Archives and that is because MA is wrong. The second track is  longer than the 1:07 credited on the website. Enjoy.



Manes - Promo 1993

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last song "My Black hearted Flower" is the same song as Hades' Unholy Conregation from their Alone Walkyng demo. Do you know anything about this?

Gamygyn said...

Interesting. I must admit prior to your mentioning it, I had not heard the Hades' "Alone Walkyng" demo." It is indeed the exact same song albeit a rougher cut. I must also admit I know nothing about it. I know the two bands are very distinct, so there is no mistake that this is indeed a Hades' track.

This was ripped from a copy of the Manes tape I received a few years back. If possible I will try to contact the person who send me it to see if they know anything about this. As I have to write them by post, it may take some days time for me to receive a reply. The only possible explanation I can think of is that it was dubbed onto a tape that was not blank and miss-labeled, which is unfortunate.

As it does not sound exactly the same as the Hades' track on the demo, I would like to know where it came from. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Anonymous said...

yeah I downloaded this from your blog back in January and immediately noticed the distinct difference in the last song and the other two. Eventually I realized it sounded quite similiar to that Hades song. Maybe one of the bands covered the other? It does have quite a rawer sound as compared to the original Hades demo. Both songs were released in 93, so which one came first?

Gamygyn said...

Good questions. I'm hoping the person I traded with is 1) still around and 2) knows the answer. I'm going to leave it here as it is, since that is how I obtained it. I will make a note of it in the description however. Thank you for bringing it to my attention though and hopefully the investigation will yield some interesting results and perhaps some new material to post here.